We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals' right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it's being stored and to whom it's disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance. 4FMV does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.4fmv.ca and other affiliate sites to which access may be granted. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, when subscribing to our Premier Member service, when posting material or when requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, or when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide in correspondence or other communications e.g. by mail, fax, e-mail or telephone. Please note that e-mail correspondence is not secure. Please do not sent sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via e-mail.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through The Site.
- Details of your visits to The Site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve The Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise The Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to The Site.
The Site contains links to other websites whose information processing practices may be different from ours. We have no control over third party sites.
4FMV has set up security measures to protect you from the loss or unauthorized use of your supplied personal information. Despite these measures, and given that no technology is foolproof, we must advise you that there will always remain a certain amount of risk and that your personal information may be disclosed, without your consent, unintentionally, and without fault on the part of 4FMV. 4FMV declines any responsibility in the event that such confidential information is disclosed, unless caused by negligence on the part of 4FMV.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of The Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from The Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please DO NOT tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (eg. total number of Sellers). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (eg. number of IT Sellers in Toronto). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- For the purpose of providing our services as an employment business or an employment agency information will be disclosed to registered Buyers of this site.
- Legal: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 4FMV, our customers , users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- We may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
- We may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing 4FMV, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, 4FMV will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
- We will generally obtain your consent electronically on our site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, we will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
- You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but such a request would be subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We would also require reasonable advance notice to effect any requested changes. A request that we no longer collect or use your information, may mean that we will no longer have practical means to provide you with our services or products. You may no longer be able to log in to our site or may lose certain functionality when visiting the site.
- If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized us to share with others, they may already have retained a copy of your Resumé or such personal information in their own systems and databases.
PIPEDA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the PIPEDA.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you.
- The Site provides you with the means to access, update, edit and delete certain personal information you have provided to us at any time on your own. We ask that you regularly log in to the site and update your personal information and in particular your contact information and availability to ensure its accuracy.
- You can update your Resumé at any time by logging on to the site and making the required changes.
- You may similarly contact us to address errors or omissions relating to your personal information by emailing email@example.com. 4FMV does not share your identifiable personal information with any third party without your consent.
- If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any updates to which you have subscribed, you can log in to the site and change your personal preferences or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preference not to receive updates.
- Upon request made in writing, 4FMV will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, at minimal or no cost to you, in accordance with processes and procedures that we have put in place for such requests. If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm what personal information we have, please send an email to email@example.com with your request, identifying all email addresses which you may have given us. If there is a cost involved at all, we will inform you at that time.
- 4FMV will respond to all requests for access within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that we hold about you. We may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, could be expected to threaten the life or security of an individual, reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by a legally recognized privilege, if it was created as part of a settlement or dispute resolution process, or if it was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law. 4FMV will provide reasons to you if it refuses an access request.
- An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
The Site may contain links to other sites, including those of our partner networks, vendors, advertisers and affiliates. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.